Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saints Are Apparently Underrated In Snapdraft

I did some analysis for the teams selected by players in 3 or 4 of my 25 person contests from the Sanpdraft playoff contests that started last week. I wanted to see how popular the players from each team were among those that used the 'correct' strategy of picking players only from two teams (one AFC and one NFC). As expected, there were four very popular teams, with players from the other four rarely being selected. The surprise is that the Saints were not one of the four that people liked! The Chargers, Colts, Vikings, and Cowboys were roughly equally popular - each selected 10-15 times in my sample. The Saints were only selected by 3 people, and the remaining teams (Cardinals, Jets, and Ravens) were even less popular. I used that information to guide my picks for this week, loading up on the Saints on the assumption that if they do win, I'm not going to be competing with anyone else for the top spot in my contests. I understand that the Saints players at RB, TE, and possibly WR are not the very best for fantasy, but I think that the extra game would still give them a good chance of outscoring better players...particularly given the 3 point bonus for each player on a winning team.

No comments:

Post a Comment