Friday, February 12, 2010

Close But No Cigar

Close by no cigar yesterday. I entered $21.60 of contests and didn't win any. I was really close though. I used the same lineup in all contests and scored 41.10 points, which was good for 2nd place in 5 contests. If either of my goalies had held their opponent to three goals or less, I would have won all of those.

Because my basic strategy is kind of feast or famine (looking for high variance combinations of players), I'm going to try to start hedging by using more than one lineup when I can find additional combinations of players that I'm comfortable with. For today's games I've found two lineups that I like, so I'll probably split my contests about half and half between the two.

It's also worth mentioning that I'm playing in the multiplayer contests on Fantasy Sports Live. I won't be updating my results from that site quite as frequently, since they don't fill as many multiplayer contests.

No comments:

Post a Comment